Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Girlfriend" Gifts



Merry Christmas Stamping friends! I'm glad you took a few minutes during this busy time to stop by and see me!

Last night I had dinner with four of my close friends. It was sort of a little "last hurrah" before Christmas. Everyone is so busy so its hard to get more than two friends together in the same place at the same time so I feel very blessed to have been able to be with FOUR !

Anyway, I wanted to give them each a little hand stamped goodie. Just a little love ya kinda thing.
So I started surfing the web and I found this project on Sunny Stampin website. Andrea Walford is a great source of inspiration.
Unfortunately, I am not a member of her site so I was only able to see the picture of the project, no directions. But I was able to come up with my own little take on it. I don't know if its the same as hers but it worked for me and what I wanted to do with it so I guess that is what matters.


I took pictures of all the outsides, but I neglected to take a picture of the inside. So, I will just have to tell you about the inside. lol

Inside each of these little packages are two bottles that I decorated to match the outside of the package. I filled one bottle with kisses and the other with M&M's. They turned out really cute and were super easy to do!







I used Stampin' Up!s paper flowers and a sponge to make the flowers on the front. LOVE this! It was so easy and I was able to match the flowers perfectly to the designer series paper!
Also, if your a paper hoarder like me, this is a perfect way to use up some of that designer series paper you have laying around. Each box and set of bottles used one full sheet of DSP.
Some extra little touches, I used the large oval punch to punch the handle and then added the scallop punch around it and also, to hold it shut, I used some gem brads! Oh, and if you look at the centers of the flowers, I used jumbo brads to hold them together.
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment on this post. I will do my best to answer them!
Until next time,
Merry Christmas!
Now,
GO GET YOUR FINGERS INKY!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment