Friday, April 13, 2012

GREEEAAAT!


Oh my gosh! Isn't this poor little bear in a pickle?
I made this card with my club girls this month and I thought, what a perfect card to post on FRIDAY the 13th!
This is what is called a side step card. I have posted cards like this on my blog in the past but there are so many different styles you can do that they all end up looking different!
They are supper fun and quite easy to create,
once you make one and get the basic layout
done, you will be able to make these cards
lickety split!
Here you can see a little close up of bear and his trouble making friend raccoon! I don't know where they got into that string but they sure have made a mess of it! LOL~
At this angle, you can see how the side step works a little better. For this card, I took a standard 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of card stock.. just like I would for a standard fold card. I put the 5 1/2 inch side along the bottom of my cutter and moved it over to the 2 1/2 inch mark. I then cut from the 1 inch mark all the way to the 6 1/2 inch mark. Then I moved on to the simply scored tool. I placed the long side against the top of the simply scored with the 3 inch wide piece at the top against the top edge of the score tool. I scored at 4 1/4 just to the cut line. I then flipped the card stock over so that now the 2 1/2 inch side was along the top and I scored at 1 inch, 2 inches, 3 1/4 inches,4 1/2 inches and finally at 6 1/2 inches. Then I folded the left side (the 4 1/4 score line) in a mountain fold. On the 2 1/2 inch side, I started with a mountain fold, then valley, mountain, valley and finally a mountain fold. That is the basic shape of the card. Now all that is left to do is decorate it!
I would love to see what you come up with! Please email me or leave a comment with your blog link in it so I can see your creations!
And as always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Until next time,
GO GET YOUR FINGERS INKY!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment