Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good, Better and Best


Here we are, first couple of days into March and can you believe it, we have SNOW here in the south! When did they move my state to the arctic? Sheesh!

Thankfully, it is all almost gone but I had to cancel my club meeting last night due to the weather! Secretly, I love the snow but I AM ready for some warmer temperatures now. I have had my fill of winter weather.


For today's post, I thought I would share some cards that I made at my latest in home workshop.

I came across the idea for this when I was reading emails from a demo group I belong to. So special thanks goes out to Gretchen Barron for giving me a jumping off point!


The idea for these cards is that sometimes less is more but SOMETIMES, More is more too!




So I started off with a very basic card. Nice enough to send to a friend. There is nothing wrong with it.








But as you will see with the next card..... add a punch and some ribbon and it can be a better card.










Add some texture to the

background and some extra embellishments and it can be an even better card.








I hope you enjoy my cards today. I sure did enjoy making them. I used a set out of the mini catalog called Vintage Vogue. This set was totally not my style and I would have never bought it for myself but I have learned over the years that you have to buy things out of your style if you want to sell them to your customers. Well, guess what! I was very pleasantly surprised when I fell in love with this set! I plan on using it alot and you will see those future cards posted here so check back often!




Until next time,




GO GET YOUR FINGERS INKY!




Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment