Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tutorial for Desk top caddy






Thank you everyone that emailed me with all your sweet comments about my desk top caddy.


Many of you asked for a tutorial so here it is!


I thought that I would share my inspiration with you. So here is the "real" organizer next to my card stock organizer! As you can see... mine is MUCH smaller than the original but I guess you could tweak the measurements to make a larger organizer if you like!





Part 1 of Caddy

Step 1:

card stock is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.

with the 8 1/2 inch side at the bottom, score at 1 and 7 1/2 inches. Rotate once and score at 2 1/4 and 3 1/4.











Step 2:

Cut on score lines as shown.

Add red line tape to front two flaps.

You can't see it in this picture but you will also want to add tape to the back of the little flaps as well.












Step 3:

Assemble box and set aside for time being.














Part 2 of Caddy

Step 1:

card stock is 10 1/2 x 7 inches

With 10 1/2 inch side at bottom, score at 2 and 8 1/2 inches.

Rotate card stock one time as score at 2 inches.












Step 2:

Create the diagonal side.

Using a ruler, measure 4 1/4 inches from bottom of card stock on both sides. Draw a pencil line from score line to 4 1/4 inch mark. Cut on this line and remove tab.


cut on score lines from bottom of card stock up to the 2 inch score line.







Step 3:


Add red line tape to back of flaps as shown. Assemble bottom of caddy.















Step 4:

Add red line tape down both sides and across the bottom edge of caddy.















Step 5:

CAREFULLY place part one of caddy on the bottom edge of part 2 of caddy. When you have all three edges lined up, press firmly to adhere together.











Step 6:


Complete your caddy by scoring a 10x1 inch piece of card stock at 3, 5 and 7 inches. Add adhesive to inside mountain and insert into front half of caddy to make divider.











This is what your finished caddy will look like before you decorate it!


Thank you again for your interest in my caddy.
If you make one of your own, please let me know. Maybe I will feature your caddy on my blog!


Also be watching... I am going to be playing around with this pattern to see what else I can come up with!



Until then, have a great stamping day and...

GO GET YOUR FINGERS INKY!

Shelly

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tutorial and project! Thanks for sharing so freely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the desk organizer! Will have to try this out! You are so smart and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, this is just to darn cute. How creative. Great tutorial. I had to make it right away. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, you rock! My Mum has asked me to make her some cards, and now I'll be able to make a cute little organiser for them to go in, too. Thank you so much for sharing this - you've made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete