Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wendy's Wing

Happy Saturday everyone!

So last night I had some friends over and we were sitting at my dining room table stamping together. I thought I would play with my new set "Wagon Full of Fun" (113262) from the upcoming mini catalog. I thought I would make a simple little card "real quick". HA! Real quick turned into hours of agonizing over how to finish the adorable little duck that I had water colored. I stamped the duck on water color paper (105019) and used the pencils (101897) and Blender pens (102845) to color "Wendy" . Yes, I named the duck Wendy. Why did I name the duck Wendy you ask.... well, Wendy is one of my friends that was at my house last night and it was her suggestion that I pop up the wing on my duck. So in honor of her suggestion, I named the duck after her. LOL Stop over and visit Wendy's blog when you get the chance!

Nothing I did with the duck after she was colored seemed to make me happy. So for hours, I did things and changed it... added stuff and then took it away. Finally I decided I had to go to bed... my friends had been long gone and I was just not seeing strait any more! The more I tried to finish the card, the less I liked it. So I figured I would have some fresh eyes in the morning.


Well, this is the final product. It's still a "simple" card that can be easily
reproduced.
But the journey to get to the end of this simple card was anything but easy! I hope you enjoy it. I would love to see what you do with this set.
Please leave me a comment with your blog address so I can come take a peek at what you are doing with "Wendy" and her friends from this set.

Please contact me if you have any questions on anything I did with the card.
Thanks for looking today and until next time.... GO GET YOUR FINGERS INKY!
Shelly

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Undeniably Adorably Precious!!! Love that little baby’s wing popped up!

    ReplyDelete